spookt

North Head Lighthouse

On May 16, 1898, the North Head Lighthouse was put into service as the primary navigation aid at the mouth of the Columbia River. The Cape Disappointment Lighthouse had served this function since October 15, 1856; however, ships continued to run aground at the "Graveyard of the Pacific." Due to the sheer number of shipwrecks, it was determined a second lighthouse was needed on the northwestern spur of Cape Disappointment, commonly referred to as North Head.

Loading...

People who haunt this place
Stories about this place
Investigations done here
Books with info on this place

Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © Spookt 2020.