Yaquina Bay Lighthouse
The Yaquina (pronounced "yuh-kwin-uh") Bay Lighthouse first shed its light over the harbor entrance to Newport in 1871. It was used until 1874 after a more visible lighthouse was built at Yaquina Head.
After falling into disrepair, the building was slated for demolition in 1946. It was saved by the vigilant efforts of the Lincoln County Historical Society. Today, restored to its former glory, it’s a state park. It’s also the oldest structure in Newport and the only wooden lighthouse in Oregon.